National rules on immigration and asylum have been transformed in recent years. EU directives and regulations, and the case law of the European Court of Justice, are becoming ever more important – both for those working in ministries, immigration authorities, national courts, academia, non-governmental organisations or as practicing lawyers. They may benefit from the fundamentally revised and amended third edition, which focuses on core legislation, including the
– Asylum Procedure and Reception Conditions Directives
– Dublin III Regulation
– Qualification Directive
– Schengen Borders Code, Visa Code and Frontex Regulation
– Family Reunion Directive
– Long-Term Residents Directive
– Blue Card Directive
– Return Directive
The advantages at a glance
– combines thematic introductions with detailed comments on secondary legislation.
– allows experts and newcomers to the field to navigate a highly complex area of EU law.
– reliable overview of the case law of the Court of Justice¿, domestic courts, and the European Court of Human Rights.
The new edition
Includes substantial updates of the introductions to take account of policy developments and covers the new versions of the Schengen Borders Code, the Students and Researchers Directive, and the Visa Code.
The target group
Academics, judges, practicing lawyers and people working in ministries, immigration authorities or non-governmental organisations.